Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on how I’m doing with my goals. I went to Weight Watchers tonight and I lost 2.6 pounds this week, making my total 11 pounds in 4 weeks and 12.6 pounds since New Years when I made the resolution. I am so close to my goal of 15 pounds and I can’t wait to reach it and buy myself a nice watch as half reward and half Valentine’s present to myself. That’s pretty exciting.
I’ve mentioned a few times before that I have a bad habit, and I’ve tried repeatedly to quit but it’s just not working. I was able to give it up before, when I was in school, but it’s so hard when I don’t have homework or hanging out with friends or studying or classes to distract me from it. I just now decided to try quitting again and I have the next three days off work so I don’t know how well that’s going to work. This time I’m going to be serious about it. Easier said than done, I know.
I’m going to try something different this week. I’m trying to set smaller goals for myself, so these goals are going to be for this week only, I don’t have to follow them after that if I don’t want to. That way it’s not a crazy amount of pressure for a long period of time. So starting now I’m going to:
- Quit my bad habit for one week. I have a feeling that if I make it through one week it’ll be easier after that.
- Only drink water and coffee. I mostly do this now but I’ve had diet soda twice and I drink things like SoBe Lifewater and Honest Tea and Vitamin Water Zero (all of which aren’t really bad for me except the soda, but I still want to try to go a week drinking mostly water. I’m not quite ready to give up coffee yet).
- I will write once a day. Even if it’s something short or from a prompt I find online, doesn’t matter. But at least one of the days that I write needs to be a scene of the play I started. I think my biggest reason for being hesitant to start the next scene is that I really liked the first one and I don’t want it to go downhill from there. But if I don’t add to it, It’ll never go anywhere. And lastly for the writing goal, I need to post at least one of my daily writings here, even if I think that it’s bad or if it was sloppy or written in a hurry. I need that fear of judgment to motivate me.
- I will exercise daily. I’ve already started doing this a few days ago, nothing extreme. Very light exercising, but if I go too hard I get burnt out and then don’t want to do it again for another 10 years. I’m being hyperbolic but you get the point.
- I will go to bed before 11:30pm every day and wake up before 11:00am every day. This is a tough one for me. I’m a night owl and I hate mornings. 11am is late for most people, but for me, it’s pretty early. Sad, I know. If I tried to do this every day for a month or something, it wouldn’t work, but I’m having faith in myself and my ability to do this for just one week, starting tonight.
Okay, those are my goals for this week. I’m taking life one week at a time right now because that’s all I can handle. Now, I’m going to force myself to get off the internets and write something. It may be shitty and short, but I have to do it. I need to remind myself why I love it so much. And after that, bed time. I’ll try to post daily to let you guys know how well I’m doing or if I fail any of my goals (fingers crossed that that won’t happen).
On an unrelated note, I have a crush on a boy! It’s totally lame and we met on Tinder (I think I mentioned him before) and I know nothing will come of it, which makes it that much more fun. He’s so incredibly laid back. Almost every other guy I’ve talked to or dated has been super intense and has wanted to be in love and has become obsessed with me (this sounds like I’m being vain but I can’t tell you how many guys have told me he loves me within a week of dating). We don’t talk every day and he isn’t pressuring me to hang out or go on a date or be his girlfriend or be Facebook official, we keep the convos light with small sprinkles of flirtation here and there, nothing crazy. He has this “I’m into you but it’s totally cool if nothing happens” sort of vibe about him and I love that because that’s how I am with guys. He’s just someone fun to chat with, and also he has beautiful eyebrows. Alright, I’m going to take this energy and write.
Do you guys have any suggestions as to what I should do if I don’t follow my goals? Like little punishments for myself? Or should I reward myself at the end of the week if I meet all of my goals every day?